Remodel your skin—from the inside out
RF microneedling with Scarlet RF and Agnes RF is a revolutionary treatment that utilizes tiny “micro” needles that penetrate to the depth of our choosing and release radiofrequency energy.
Microneedling with radiofrequency (RF) energy is a great, minimally-invasive combination that stimulates collagen and addresses sun damage and other common signs of aging. Utilizing microneedling in a client’s treatment plan helps us reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, scars, stretch marks, and smaller areas of loose skin.
When you book RF microneedling in The Woodlands at Medical Aesthetics & Laser, we will first discuss your skin type, your specific concerns, and the treatment area you’d like to address to tailor a unique treatment plan just for you.
Scarlet & Agnes RF Microneedling in The Woodlands
What it Treats
Scarlet & Agnes RF Microneedling in The Woodlands effectively addresses and improves:
- Active acne & acne scars
- Enlarged pores
- Fine lines & wrinkles
- Sun damage
- Small visible vessels and spider veins
- Mild-to-moderate skin laxity
- Wrinkles and folds
- Fat deposits
- Uneven skin texture
- Under eye bags
When you come to Medical Aesthetics & Laser for your Scarlet & Agnes RF microneedling in The Woodlands, plan on spending 3o to 45 minutes under the device.
Recovery time from Scarlet & Agnes RF varies based on the intensity of the treatment. Most patients require 24-48 hours to heal.
What distinguishes Medical Aesthetics & Laser from the rest is our team of highly skilled and experienced personnel, all of whom share a similar passion for helping others look and feel their best.
Led by the talented Dr. Reeves, our team is dedicated to providing the personal attention and specialized care you deserve. We take the time to listen to your needs and discuss your various options with you in detail to help you make the choices that are right for you. No questions go unanswered; no concerns are dismissed. Personal attention is provided every step of the way – from consultation to after-care, we are here for you.
How it Works
When you come to Medical Aesthetics & Laser for Scarlet & Agnes RF microneedling in The Woodlands, we maximize your comfort by first applying a topical anesthetic before we begin the procedure. We then prepare the treatment area. Once you are numb, we will turn on the correct settings and use the handpiece uniformly over the skin until the treatment is complete. Skin will first be red and swollen, feeling like a sunburn, which will quickly subside. When the skin heals, it’s time to reveal gorgeous new skin. Consider coming to us for a HydraFacial when your skin heals for an even more effective treatment!
Scarlet & Agnes RF microneedling is basically the upgraded version of traditional microneedling. With a traditional treatment, a handheld piece runs along your skin to create tiny micro-wounds. Those micro-wounds jumpstart the body’s natural healing process, leading to a boost in collagen production. If you don’t know what that means, collagen is your best friend for tightening your skin and reducing wrinkles.
RF energy increases the temperature of skin tissue, which causes thermal damage (it sounds worse than what it is!). Thermal damage then stimulates something called neocollagenesis— or in other words, the collagen-making process.
Pre-Treatment Instructions for Scarlet & Agnes RF Microneedling in The Woodlands
In the time leading up to your Scarlet or Agnes RF treatment with Medical Aesthetics & Laser in the Woodlands, we suggest:
- Avoid the use of retinoids, topical antibiotics, exfoliants, AHAs (e.g. glycolic acid) and BHAs (e.g. salicylic acid), and other topical agents that increase skin sensitivity for at least a week before your treatment.
- Do not take anti-inflammatory and blood-thinning medications such as ibuprofen, aspirin, ginkgo, vitamin E, fish oil, for at least 3 days to avoid interference with the natural inflammatory process.
- Do not have any IPL/Laser procedures for two weeks prior.
- Avoid sun exposure and all tanning methods for at least two weeks.
- Do not wax, epilate, use electrolysis, or any other hair removal methods on the treatment area for at least a week prior.
- Do not shave the treatment area the day of the procedure to avoid irritation. If you have dense hair, closely shave the area the day before your appointment.
- Ensure you are properly hydrated as this helps the healing process.
- Tell your specialist if you have been on Accutane in the last six months or if you are prone to cold sores.
- Please arrive with a bare treatment area, clean of any lotion, oil, makeup, powder, perfume, or sunscreen.
Post-Treatment Care for Scarlet & Agnes RF Microneedling in The Woodlands
Following your RF microneedling treatment, your skin will be red and swollen. This is expected and should subside after 24 to 48 hours. Important post-treatment care to expect includes:
- Avoid using anti-inflammatory medications (ibuprofen, Advil, Motrin, etc.) for at least a week. You may use Tylenol for any soreness.
- Wait at least 4 hours, then gently wash with a gentle cleanser and cool water, using only clean hands.
- Do NOT ice the face or use any arnica or bromelain to avoid interfering with the natural inflammatory process.
- Avoid strenuous exercise that causes sweating, as well as saunas, jacuzzis, and steam baths for at least 48 hours.
- Sleep on your back with your head elevated to minimize swelling or pain as needed for 2 to 3 days.
- Do NOT pick, scratch, or scrub any peeling or scabbed skin. Allow this to occur naturally and keep skin moisturized at all times with a hyaluronic acid serum.
- Avoid topical skincare and Retin-A products for 5 days or until completely healed.
- Schedule follow up and repeat treatments after 4 to 6 weeks to continue to see results!
The services that you have provided for me are beyond excellent. The staff and technicians have provided the best treatments and care that I have ever received. The environment that has been created in your office is warm, friendly and very comfortable. When I go for an appointment AL and the staff have a way of making me feel special. They take their time and they want to make sure that you are happy with the results.
Recently, at my annual appointment with the dermatologist, I was so very impressed and pleased. The Dr. commented on how great I was taking care of my skin. He had no idea that Allison and Kelli were taking care of my skin; I was just following their instructions with the regime they had advised! There are no professionals, or places, that I could more highly recommend than Allison and Kelli at Medical Aesthetics and Laser. My intent here is to pay it forward, just as my friend did, by her recommendation of Allison to me.
I have been going to Angela at Medical Aesthetics and Laser for over a year. Angela is extremely competent and thorough in delivering excellent customer service. She is also knowledgeable in what treatments are needed to get the best results for a beautiful and younger appearance. I am very pleased with my results and highly recommend Angela at Medical Aesthetics and Laser. I would never go anywhere else.
If you’re tired of dealing with an uneven complexion, textured skin, wrinkles, and acne scars, RF microneedling could definitely be right for you. As with any treatment, you’ll want to go in for a consultation to ensure Scarlet RF & Agnes RF is the best fit, but you’d be surprised at just how many people it can benefit!
While all skin tones and types often do well with Scarlet RF and Agnes RF microneedling treatments, keep in mind that results may not be instantaneous. Most people require a series of treatments to truly get glowing, radiant skin.
While at-home microneedle rollers are sometimes used to enhance the effects of your topical serums and moisturizers, they don’t come close to matching the results of professional RF microneedling.
A lot of people are concerned that an RF microneedling treatment will hurt, but the truth is, most people feel only minor discomfort. That’s mainly because of the topical cream to help you remain comfortable during the entire process. However, some people may notice a heating sensation or slight pricks.
After your treatment, you may feel like you have a sunburn, and that could last for 24 to 48 hours. If you ever have concerns about pain during your radiofrequency skin treatment, you can always contact one of our team members, and we’ll be happy to address your concerns.
Good news! You may notice brighter and tighter skin after just one treatment. But to really see the final results of RF microneedling, most people require a series of 3 to 4 treatments. But don’t worry, your specialist will help you determine how many treatments you’ll need. Keep in mind that results vary based on how quickly your skin heals and regenerates.
We recommend scheduling maintenance treatments every 12 to 24 months to maintain the results of your treatments.
If you have used Accutane within the last three months; have open wounds, cuts, or abrasions; have had radiation on your skin in the last year; have skin infection or herpes simplex in the treatment area; have trouble healing; or are pregnant or breastfeeding, you may not be a candidate for RF microneedling at this time.