Unveil a new complexion in just a few days
The MicroLaserPeel®, sometimes referred to as “The Weekend Peel,” is a very precise way to treat bothersome fine lines, wrinkles, keratosis, uneven skin tone, and sun damage without the discomfort and downtime of harsher laser treatments. The MicroLaserPeel in The Woodlands dramatically rejuvenates the skin by removing a thin layer of damaged skin cells, allowing a smoother, clearer complexion to shine through. We can also customize the depth of treatment based on your skin damage, desired results, and amount of downtime you have available.
Due to the customizability of the MicroLaserPeel, we can provide our clients in The Woodlands with treatment depths that range from a light peel to full skin resurfacing, allowing for all skin types to be treated. In the days following your MicroLaserPeel, the aged and damaged layers of skin will flake and peel away to leave you with fresh, healthy new skin.
MicroLaserPeel in the Woodlands
What it Treats
Most skin areas can be treated with MicroLaserPeel® in The Woodlands, though we most commonly treat the face, neck, chest, and hands. MicroLaserPeel treats:
- Mild wrinkles and lines
- Sun damage (e.g. brown spots and freckles)
- Pigment irregularities
Plan to spend about 15-30 minutes under the laser when you come to us for your MicoLaserPeel in The Woodlands.
Healing time will vary depending on the area treated and the depth of treatment. Most patients feel comfortable enough to return to work within three to four days after the treatment – making it a great option for a “weekend peel!”
What distinguishes Medical Aesthetics & Laser from the rest is our team of highly skilled and experienced personnel, all of whom share a similar passion for helping others look and feel their best.
Led by the talented Dr. Reeves, our team is dedicated to providing the personal attention and specialized care you deserve. We take the time to listen to your needs and discuss your various options with you in detail to help you make the choices that are right for you. No questions go unanswered; no concerns are dismissed. Personal attention is provided every step of the way – from consultation to after-care, we are here for you.
How it Works
This cutting-edge ablative laser treatment vaporizes the thin topmost layer of skin, removing old and damaged tissue to eliminate superficial blemishes, fine lines, and pigment irregularities to give you bright, youthful skin. The MicroLaserPeel can be used on the full face, neck, chest, and hands. We can also treat the smaller areas around your eyes and mouth, unlike other lasers.
As the skin heals itself from the laser ablation, fresh skin cells resurface the treated area, resulting in healthier-looking skin with reduced wrinkles and more even tone and texture. Depending on the extent of your skin’s damage, your goals, and available downtime, we can customize the treatment depth to ensure we are adequately addressing your concerns.
Before your MicroLaserPeel in The Woodlands, we ask:
- You MUST avoid any type of sunburn or suntan (even self-tanners) for at least 4 weeks prior to and after your MicroLaserPeel treatment. Treatment of tanned skin increases the risk of blistering and permanent skin discoloration.
- Stop using retinol products for one week before your treatment.
- Inform us if you have a history of herpes, cold sores, or fever blisters. We may need to prescribe an antiviral before your MicroLaserPeel.
- Arrive early for your appointment to give the topical anesthetic time to be applied and numb your skin.
To properly care for your skin after your MicroLaserPeel in The Woodlands, you must:
- Use a cold compress for 10-20 minutes at a time to relieve discomfort from redness and warmth following the treatment.
- Apply Aquaphor 2-4 times daily for the first three days to keep the treatment area hydrated and soft during healing.
- DO NOT pick, scratch, or scrub your skin during the peeling and flaking phase of recovery, no matter how tempting.
- Avoid aerobic exercise, saunas, and hot tubs for at least three days.
- Avoid using topical skincare products with retinol, glycolic acid, or salicylic acid for at least one week.
- Avoid makeup use for at least three days.
- Sleep on your back with your head elevated until swelling subsides.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure for at least 4 weeks before and after treatment. Use total sunblock when going outside.
Recently, at my annual appointment with the dermatologist, I was so very impressed and pleased. The Dr. commented on how great I was taking care of my skin. He had no idea that Allison and Kelli were taking care of my skin, I was just following their instructions with the regime they had advised! There are no professionals, or places, that I could more highly recommend than Allison and Kelli at Medical Aesthetics and Laser. My intent here is to pay it forward, just as my friend did, by her recommendation of Allison to me.
Medical Aesthetics and Laser is wonderful. Since they are associated with a physician’s office they have a fantastic array of product and service choices. Kelli's knowledge and professionalism is unsurpassed. The office staff is welcoming and courteous- always giving each client the time that is needed.
A MicroLaserPeel is a gentle, laser-assisted peel that provides all-around skin rejuvenation of superficial skin layers with a rapid recovery time. Laser resurfacing, on the other hand, treats deeper in skin’s layers and typically requires a longer healing time.
You will begin to see a dramatic improvement in your skin within just a few days of your MicroLaserPeel. Once skin peeling has occurred (usually after 3-5 days), many areas of discoloration, sun spots, and fine wrinkles will be minimized, along with a generally brighter skin tone.
If you maintain a healthy skincare routine and use sunscreen religiously, you can maintain the results of a MicroLaserPeel for many months to come.
Treatment costs can vary depending on your unique needs. Your Medical Aesthetics & Laser specialist will provide you with the exact cost of your MicroLaserPeel procedure up front in your initial consultation. We can also accept CareCredit to cover the cost of your treatment.