Wake up with healthy, glowing skin every day
If you long for the days of your tight, smooth, and youthful skin, we have good news! At Medical Aesthetics & Laser, clients come to us for the best professional microneedling in The Woodlands to improve the appearance of pigmentation, pores, acne scars, and fine lines. Plus, after several microneedling treatments, we can even trigger collagen and elastin production in the skin, helping to restore lost firmness to your face, neck, hands, and more.
With microneedling in The Woodlands, we use hundreds of tiny needles to puncture the top layer of skin, encouraging collagen and elastin to be formed, fine lines to plump out, and evening of skin tone for smooth, supple, and healthy skin. Our microneedling treatments can be paired with serums designed to target your specific concerns, like deep moisturizers
Microneedling in The Woodlands
What it Treats
Come to Medical Aesthetics & Laser for microneedling in The Woodlands to treat:
- Acne scars & stretch marks
- Injury or trauma scars
- Sun damage
- Rough skin texture
- Enlarged pores
- Fine lines & wrinkles
- Dull, sallow skin
Plan to spend about 60 minutes with us at your appointment for microneedling in The Woodlands.
Skin will be tight, red, and swollen in the hours that follow your microneedling treatment but should subside after 24 hours. Full skin recovery takes about three days.
What distinguishes Medical Aesthetics & Laser from the rest is our team of highly skilled and experienced personnel, all of whom share a similar passion for helping clients look and feel their best.
Led by the talented Dr. Reeves, our team is dedicated to providing the personal attention and specialized care you deserve. We take the time to listen to your needs and discuss your various options with you in detail to help you make the choices that are right for you. No questions go unanswered; no concerns are dismissed. Personal attention is provided every step of the way – from consultation to after-care, we are here for you.
How it Works
If you desire dramatic skin improvement but aren’t quite ready to opt for laser treatments with long recoveries, microneedling in The Woodlands could be an amazing option for you! Using the SkinPen, the leading FDA-cleared professional microneedling device, we puncture the top layer of skin with tiny needles, encouraging your skin to create new collagen and elastin, as well as help it look plump, smooth, and healthy.
In addition to signaling the body’s natural healing process and stimulating collagen and elastin production through the micro-wounds created by the SkinPen, microneedling also helps topical skincare products penetrate deeper into the dermis and therefore be even more effective through these micro-channels. We can also control the depth of needle penetration to provide customized treatments and the best results for your skin type and goals.
To prepare for microneedling in The Woodlands, we suggest:
- Avoid the use of retinoids, topical antibiotics, exfoliants, AHAs (e.g. glycolic acid) and BHAs (e.g. salicylic acid), and other topical agents that increase skin sensitivity for at least a week before your treatment.
- Do not take anti-inflammatory and blood thinning medications such as ibuprofen, aspirin, ginkgo, vitamin E, fish oil, etc. for at least 3 days to avoid interference with the natural inflammatory process.
- Do not have any IPL/Laser procedures for two weeks prior.
- Avoid sun exposure and all tanning methods for at least two weeks.
- Do not wax, epilate, use electrolysis, or any other hair removal methods on the treatment area for at least a week prior.
- Do not shave the treatment area the day of the procedure to avoid irritation. If you have dense hair, closely shave the area the day before your appointment.
- Ensure you are properly hydrated as this helps the healing process.
- Tell your specialist if you have been on Accutane in the last six months or if you are prone to cold sores.
- Please arrive with a bare treatment area, clean of any lotion, oil, makeup, powder, perfume, or sunscreen.
Following your microneedling in The Woodlands, it is important to:
- Avoid using anti-inflammatory medications (ibuprofen, Advil, Motrin, etc.) for at least a week. You may use Tylenol for any soreness.
- Wait at least 4 hours, then gently wash with a gentle cleanser and cool water, using only hands.
- Do NOT ice the face or use any arnica or bromelain to avoid interfering with the natural inflammatory process.
- Avoid strenuous exercise that causes sweating, as well as saunas, jacuzzis, and steam baths for at least 48 hours.
- Sleep on your back with your head elevated to minimize swelling or pain as needed for 2-3 days.
- Do NOT pick, scratch, or scrub any peeling or flaking skin. Allow this to occur naturally and keep skin moisturized at all times with a hyaluronic acid serum
- Avoid topical skincare and Retin-A products for 5 days or until skin is no longer irritated.
- Schedule follow up and repeat treatments after 4-6 weeks to continue to see results!
I have been a client of Medical Aesthetics and Laser for the last few years. Prior to this, I tried several other clinics and doctor’s offices (including a couple of top plastic surgeons in Houston & The Woodlands) for Botox and facial treatments, but nothing can compare to results I have obtained with Allison and Kelli. I consider Allison to be both an expert and an artist in the way that she administers Botox and Dermal Fillers. She gives me a youthful appearance without causing me to look unnatural or contrived. I have used Kelli for laser resurfacing, chemical peels, and facials. Since adhering to her skin care regimen, my skin has never been as clear and healthy as it is now. I feel confident in recommending Medical Aesthetics and Laser to anyone who has the desire to improve their appearance, and gain confidence in the image that they project to others.
Recently, at my annual appointment with the dermatologist, I was so very impressed and pleased. The Dr. commented on how great I was taking care of my skin. He had no idea that Allison and Kelli were taking care of my skin, I was just following their instructions with the regime they had advised! There are no professionals, or places, that I could more highly recommend than Allison and Kelli at Medical Aesthetics and Laser. My intent here is to pay it forward, just as my friend did, by her recommendation of Allison to me.
Medical Aesthetics and Laser is wonderful. Since they are associated with a physician’s office they have a fantastic array of product and service choices. Kelli's knowledge and professionalism is unsurpassed. The office staff is welcoming and courteous- always giving each client the time that is needed.
Microneedling is considered a very safe procedure for all skin tones and types. If you are frustrated by the appearance of acne scars, stretch marks, pigmentation, fine lines, enlarged pores, rough skin texture, or other concerns, microneedling could be a great solution for you.
If you have active acne, you should consider alternative treatments; the microneedling technique can actually spread acne-causing bacteria over the skin, causing new breakouts. Additionally, if you have used Accutane within the last three months; have open wounds, cuts, or abrasions; have had radiation on your skin in the last year; have skin infection or herpes simplex in the treatment area; have trouble healing; or are pregnant or breastfeeding, you may not be a candidate for microneedling at this time.
Because the results of microneedling are progressive and cumulative, the number of treatments required to achieve the desired results will vary from patient to patient. Collagen induction requires at least 3 treatments, while scar reduction is accomplished between 3-6 treatments. We can safely perform this procedure every 4-6 weeks as needed.
Thanks to the topical anesthetic applied before beginning the treatment, most patients report little discomfort. Many say the sensation is like sandpaper gliding over the skin. If you have sensitive skin or have anxiety about your upcoming treatment, we offer additional pain management options to make you more comfortable.